Insecurity, feeling of fear of being caught in thoughts leading to acts that would make people laugh. How can I overcome this?

I have a fear that if i walk in a street/ public places absorbing in some thought unware of what is happening in the surrounding people will laugh at me. The fear is such a strong that I end up doing the act in the street and people laugh at me. Same is the fear when i am working in a computer in office. I have avoided working in the computer in the office for the reason.Please help me.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012