Insect bites and welts on stomach, chest and arms. Is it chicken pox? Or allergic reaction?

My son has what looks like insect bites or welts on his stomach, chest and arms. I took him to the GP yesterday and he said he could not tell if it was the beginning of chicken pox , an allergic reaction , or what it was. They are still there today, and there seems to be more. They are not filled with pus and there is no actual bite mark, it just looks like swollen bites without the actual bite. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013