Insect bite, swollen calf, star-like shape bruising. Taking injections to treat varicose veins. Treatment?

It felt like a bite at the back of my calf followed by instant swelling . When I got home I discovered a huge star-like shape bruising. I do have varicose like veins on the side of my leg which were treated with injections years ago. It has been about three days now and the swelling is going down and not painful, so am assuming nothing to worry about, although my neighbour has suggested travelling by plane may be an issue.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012