Insect bite, not red or swollen, severe numbness in hand and fingers. Are two related?

I was bitten by an insect a week ago when cleaning out my garage, but I do not what it was. The site of the bite does not hurt and is not red, swollen or inflamed, and very small. The night of the day i got the bite, i had severe numbness in hand and fingers and still do after a week. Do you think the two are related and what should i do?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with the possibility of ALLERGY may be the underlying cause for your sufferings.

-insect bite is the triggering factor for your allergic reaction
-inherited tendency is the other possible cause

treatment option;
i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your allergic complaints
consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints
I hope this is helpful for you, thank you