Insect bite near armpit. Cause? Why does it hurt when pressed?

Hii, I am 25 years old male. 25 days before some kind of insect bite wound appeared near my right armpit. The would had became little serious due to lack of attention and cured after 10 days. But in between, I found a very very small point mass in my right armpit which pains on being pressed. After 3 to 4 days it grew to observable size from point mass. After 1 more week there appeared 1 or 2 more similar mass in the same area. Then I consulted a Physician & started medicine. Now it s 3 to 4 days have gone since I started the medicine but the two masses are still there however one of the mass which has appeared first is almost gone. Now it s almost 15 days since first mass appeared(which is almost disappeared now) & 7 days since two more appeared(which is still there even though I am taking medicines). Please help me with the possible cause & future possibilities of these masses. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012