Inner ear pain, head ache like needle pricking. Suggestions?

Hi, I woke this morning with an ear ache in my left inner ear which has continued all day (17hrs). About 6 hours into my day I started feeling sharp stabbing pain on the top left hand side of my head. The pain feels like it is on the outside/ scalp , not inside my head. If I push or massage the area with my finger it hurts. I don t always feel the pain (unless I push on the small 1cm area) but approximately twice an hour the pain hits the affected area like someone has pricked me with a needle. I have not done anything new or different lately. Can you provide some suggestions or do you need more info?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012