Injury to the foot causing swelling and pain. Scab formed. How long will it take to recover?

hi I walked into a wheelchair which was unattended. The foot rest was down. It has a metal bar which sticks out. The pain was terrible. The injury swelled up badly but didnt break the skin. A large blood scab has formed on the top. The swelling has gone down a little. This happened 6 weeks ago but still hurts a little when i touch it. I am moisturising the leg but not the scab because it was stinging a little. Will this swelling go down??
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012