Injury to ribcage. Pain when breathing or moving arm. Done X-ray. How to help her?

5 days ago, my grandma got elbowed in the upper left ribcage area, right under the breast by my brother, accidentally. She has been in constant pain, especially when she starts breathing or move for example, just lifting her arm . This has happened before to her right upper ribcage, she had X-ray scanning and the doctor say it would take 1 month to recover since she takes Panadol very frequently, unlike normal people who might possibly only take a few weeks. And for her, indeed it took exactly one month. Therefore, this time she insist that she does not want to consult the doctor since she will get the same result. Is there any simple ways that I can do to help her? Perhaps anything that I can apply to the area to relieve the pain. She seems to be great pain every time she move. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012