Injury to knuckle. Pain and swelling. Need to get checked?

Hi i got a cut on my knuckle where my thumb is about a week ago, I cleaned it right away and stopped the bleeding and i was using those butterfly bandages and the wound healed up nicely until today I woke up and it was swollen a little bit with, and it hurts when I try to move it. I dont know should I go to a hospital or just my doctor. Please help
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
It seems that there might be some infection took place on the wound.
Consult your doctor and with one course of antibiotic and proper dressing you will be alright.
Ok and take caare.
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

It seems from the description that there could be a possibility of an infection causing you symptoms of pain & swelling.

An appropriate dose of an antibiotic along with antiinflammatory medications hopefully will clear away your problem.

Consult your treating doctor for further management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM.

There might be possibility of injury to ligaments and tendons which might not get healed.I suggest you to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for examination and treatment plan according to that.
Meanwhile take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid lifting and rest well.

Hope this will helps you. Take care.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Brijendra Gupta's  Response
Thanks for consulting
It definitely needs an X rays done
- If its paining on movement then it will need splinting or immobilisation
- Take Medicines- Tab Lyser-D 1 BD, Tab Chymoral Forte 1 TDS for 5 days
and Calcium suppliments for 10 days.
You should go to an Orthopedician