Injury on the half muscle with a knife. Had stitches for tendon tear. Pain in the leg. Do I have damaged a muscle?

I cut my leg while pig hunting with a knife above the calf muscle in the back of my leg. It has about 8 stitches in it but i am worried becuase i still cannot walk without a lot of pain. Where I cut it is not sore at all but lower down in the back of my leg is really sore. Do you think I have damaged something or is it just the muscle that i cut. THe doctor said no tendons etc were cut and just stitched it up in his room.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012