Injury on head leading to unconsciousness. Bump still significant. Have I broken something?

I was running in the house playing with my dog and nephew, tripped then fell. I had fallen forward into a wall with tile full force, almost lost consciousness and ended up getting a pretty bad gash on my forehead right above my eyebrow. I probably had a concussion but decided against going to the E.R. as it was late in the evening and i had to be up early to go to work which, coincidentally is a hospital. I got the gash treated to prevent or reduce the possibility of a scar before my shift started. I am no longer in any pain as its about a week after the incident and the gash itself is almost completely healed. My major concern is that there is still a significant bump which feels solid to the touch and the location is above my eye brow where the bone is very prominent. Im not sure if this is a normal characteristic of such an injury or is it possible i may have fractured/broken something. It does not hurt regardless of how much pressure i put on the bump and as i said its pretty damn solid.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query
After going through your suffering, it does not looks to be serious brain injury as you are fully aware of how it happened and minimal loss of consciousness.So,my advise would be take trypsin/bromelain comination to reduce swelling and thrmbophob ointment for local application.You will be alright in 2-3 weeks time .
Hope this information suffices and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
Take care and wish you good health