Injury on buttocks due to fall, severe swelling, hard painful lump. Treatment?

Hi, my husband was working on a big diesel truck today and when he stepped down from it onto a short wood stool the stool kicked out and he fell then the stool came back around and he fell into the leg of the stool which ended up being in the right side of his butt. Now it is swelled up twice is normal size and has a hard lump and painful. Just wondering what he should do?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
HELLO
IS HE IS ABLE TO WALK,MOVE,IF SWELLING AND PAIN IS LESS THEN JUST PAIN KILLER WILL HELP,IF SWELLING & PAIN IS TOO MUCH ,HE WOULD HAVE FRACTURE,U SHOULD CONSULT A ORTHOPEDICIAN.
THANK U

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.