Injury in left toe, iron poked, pus formation, blue-purplish discoloration, swelling till knee joint, intermittent fever, headache. Reason?

after injury of little toe of left side of lower limb( due to introduce an iron into little toe in an accident 10 days ago. it is about 1 to 1.5 cm in diameter laceration wound with pus formation, blue-purplish skin discoloration at the margin of wound, painful). now, the left foot , ankle and leg until knee joint becomes swelling . there is also intermitent fever occurs once within 2 days, recover at the same day, and it was the forth time of fever already yesterday. During the occurance of fever, headache also occur. may i know whether it is normal that the left foot becomes swelling until knee joint? what is the reason and why is there intermittent fever, headache, fatique, swelling of unilateral left leg, keep oozing of pus from the wound? thank you in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012