Injury during squats, MRI showed small joint effusion, mild marrow edema in distal femur. Will basic air force training be advisable?

my 18 year old son had an mri after he injured himself doing squats. The doctor said he had an intermediate grade acl sprain and he just had to rest his knee for a month and nothing else he is leaving for the air force basic training in a couple of months. will he be able to do this his mri said he had a small joint effusion . The quadriceps and patellar tendons are intact. The posterior cruciate and collateral ligaments and menisci appear normal.The acl is diffusely edematous. Mild marrow edema withing the distal femur , proximal tivia, proximal fibula and patella may be of reactie etiology or due to contusion.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012