Injured wrist and hand, harder stools and blood in it. Cause for blood in stools?

I was involved in a car accident last week on Thursday. I have injuries to my wrist , and hand , but also quite a bit of bruising to my chest. I am now experiencing blood in my stool that started a few days ago. I was having problems with diarrhea last week, and took Imodium - probably on Friday. I have been straining a bit more to move my bowels since then, and the stool is harder. I am now experiencing blood in my stool that started a few days ago.This isn t happening every time I go, but it is starting to bother me. Is this something I should be concerned about as a result of the accident, or more likely due to the Imodium?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013