Injured thumb, got hole, swelling, painful, burning sensation. Is there a chance i could have broken something?

Hi I have a medical question pertaining to my hand\ thumb . I injured my thumb 2 days ago while at work. I caught it on a hole in the freezer while sliding my hand down the side of it, my thumb got stuck but my body kept going. The least of my concern is the chunk of skin missing off the side of my thumb.. I'm more or less worried that I may have fractured something in my hand. I have swelling over the top of my thumb, along the web of my
Hand. And a painful throbbing/ almost burning sensation going from the bottom of my thumb up into my palm. My whole arm hurts now... Is there a chance I could have broken something? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013