Injured thigh above knee. Difficulty walking? What is the limp in popliteal area?

Hi - I fell on a staircase three days ago and injured my right thigh just above the knee (bruised, but nearly cleared again and not painful when i touch it). I experienced difficulty in walking and bandaged it for two days. My leg is stiff when I have been sitting for a while. After stretching , it feels better and I can walk ... but am still aware of it and I now feel a limp in the back of the popliteal area (suspecting to be a swollen node) Must I wait or see a doctor. Thanks in advance - Alet
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Hello Alet,
Welcome at HCM.

I have red complete details of your question.

It looks that you had injury to your thigh.Your details show that most probably you had strain of your thigh muscles which has almost recovered.

The present swelling at posterior aspect of knee does not looks to be due to this injury.This can be a baker's cyst,this is a swelling which may contain fluid.

At present you should do following to have relief-

-Take a mild analgesic so that you can have relief in your pain.

-Do warm fomentation at your thigh.

-Avoid walking too much & putting excessive strain at your leg.

-For knee you should consult to a orthopedic doctor ,he may drain the cyst at your back of kne & inject a steroid in this.This will give you relief in this.

Hope this all will help you.

With best wishes.