Injured the ear drum accidentally. Having bleeding. Cleaned with peroxide. Will it heal of its own?

so i was cleaning my ear and poked my ear drum pretty hard . it started bleeding so i cleaned it with peroxided and water and another q tip being much more carefully for obvious reasons . it continued to bleed into the day so i went to the urgent care but didn t really get any answers besides the obvious you pocked a hole in the membrane !! beside just keeping cotton covering the ear opening . what should i do if any thing to care for this ?is there a solution to help like the swimmers ear stuff ? or is it a strictly leave it alone deal ? and does the ear drum ever heal and how long on average does that take ? thank you for your help
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012