Injured the back, thought to be lumbar strain. Still severe pain. Any cure ?

I injured my back at work through heavy lifting, I went to the hospital and was given three different presciptions for it. They said it was a lumbar strain but did not do any tests. This happened about a week ago and my pain has not improved whatsoever. I am just about out of my presciptions and still have severe pain. The back pain feels like pulling or tension(that is the best way to describe it). I also feel very tired and fatigued which I dont know is relevant at all or just a side effect. I am now sure whether to go back to the doctor and if so, what do I tell them so they understand? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013