Injured shoulder during pull ups, MRI shows mild supraspinatus tendinopathy. Advice?

I am a 47 year old male in good physical condition. I injured my shoulder ~8-10 weeks ago doing pull-ups and continued to aggravate it for a while afterwards. I recently had an MRI which showed the following: ACROMIOCLAVICULAR JOINT: Acromial arch is curved. Moderate acromioclavicular joint effusion with moderate subchondral edema for the distal acromion on and clavicle . There is mild subacromial subdeltoid bursal fluid. ROTATOR CUFF: Rotator cuff muscle bulk is normal. There is mild tendinosis along the critical zone of the central supraspinatus tendon with trace interstitial edema. LABRUM: There is intact labrum IMPRESSION: There is mild supraspinatus tendinopathy. There is suggestion of active arthropathy of the common to be conjoined. I haven t had a chance to review this report with my doctor, so, any feedback you can provide would be helpful. Thanks, Dave in Boston
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012