Injured right knee, swelling, no fracture, unable to take weight. What it can be?

While playing soccer 2 days back I injured my right knee( I jumped and landed with all weight on my right leg ). My right leg kept shaking for some time and I could not straighten my leg. Few hours later I could put any weight on my right leg and had some swelling and visited emergency care center. They took an X-ray but found no fracture . Yesterday the swelling persisted and I can t walk without crutches. Today I still can t straighten my leg and I have some swelling. I was hoping for the swelling to go down a bit so that I can go for MRI scan . What could have possible happened? And what are the cures.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013