Injured near knee, painful, swollen, sore. Cut by coral. Is it harmful?

Q : Hello, right now I am on vacation and earlier today we went snorkeling. While I was swimming over one of the rocks I got cut by some coral above my right knee . It was just a white coral and not any color. One little piece got stuck in my skin and I had to pull it out. It is a pretty small cut. It has been about seven hours since I got it and it is sort of painful. It is swollen and sore and the place where the coral cut is a dark red. Is this poisonous? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013