Injured leg, knees in pain. Can I start doing splits?

hi, i need some advice. not so long ago i injured my leg while doing a split. i did my leg position in a wrong way which caused my knee joints to move, it hurts so bad and i thought i was going to break my leg. i went to a doctor and tested it, and he said it would take 2-3 months to heal, and i shouldn t do active sport for months. i was wondering if i could start doing the splits again after i have let it heal for 3 months? what should i do? can i try doing my splits again or should i stop doing splits?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Thanks for contacting health care Magic.

You must follow your Doctor. He also wants your success. The days are not very far away when you can start your sports and your knee joint would recover like earlier.

God Bless you
Dr. D. Dutta