Injured large protruding varicose vein while kicking a soccer ball, increased swelling and pain. Will it resolve itself ?

While playing with the dog, I kicked a soccer ball incorrectly today, striking it with the top of my foot rather than with the instep. In doing so, I injured a large protruding varicose vein which runs across the front of my ankle and up my leg from there. The injury happened where the ankle bends, and I thought it was alright til I tried to stand after about twenty minutes in the car. It was mildly painful when I started walking. I wear compression socks, and once I took them off the swelling and pain increased and I immediately elevated my leg for about two hours. Upon standing, it is painful to bend at the ankle. Is this likely to resolve on it's own or should I be seen for this injury? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013