Injured foot, pain in knee. Using splint and crutches. X-ray shows no damage. Advise?

hi, I was wrestling two days ago and my training partner picked me up and tried to slam me down. I put my left foot on the floor and I heard a loud popping sound and my training partner heard it too. I had some pain but this increased over the next few hours I went to A & E they did an XRay which did not show any damage but they put a splint and gave me crutches. My knee does not feel stable at all and feels its going to give way and fall inward. the pain I am getting is on the inner side of the knee I can bend it with a bit of pain. Any idea what happened please as I managed to get an appointment only after two weeks
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013