Injured butt muscle while doing splits hurting. Is it gluteus Maximus ?

I injured my butt muscle while doing my splits and its been hurting for 2 months now. I was doin my splits in practice and I tried to reach and tied my shoe and yeah. Idk how to explain but it only hurts when I do my left splits because it on the left cheek and sometimes when I squat and sit on it on the part where it hurts. It s like a really sharp pain near the inside of my butt it really hurt when I lean down to it. I don t know if its a gluteus Maximus because my back or any other part of my body doesn t hurt but the left butt cheek near my butthole..
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013