Injured back during car accident, constant pain after lots of movement, MRI, x-ray normal, physiotherapy not working. Suggestions?

Hello, I was in a car accident a little over a year ago and injured my back. I went to physical therapy for a few months, and my p.t. and I came to a decision to discontinue the therapy because I wasn t making any more progress. My original mri and xrays after the accident were normal, but I ve had constant pain that gets worth with lots of movement (bending, lifting, standing or sitting for too long). Sometimes my legs shake from the pain, and I often end up on the heating pad or with muscle rub. My fiancee has tried to help with some traction therapy I was doing in PT, but some days it s just too painful to touch. I just don t understand what could be wrong with my back if I had a normal mri and xray?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012