Injection to avoid pregnancy for one year, safe to use ?

Hi, i want to now if it is safe to take an injection to avoid pregnancy for over an year
Asked On : Fri, 2 Mar 2012
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

You may be referring to the depo provera injection. Yes, this can be safely used for a year, some persons use it for longer.

Many women who use this form of contraception would notice that they may experience reduced or no menstrual bleeding during this time. There may be some episodes of breakthrough bleeding which is occasional spotting but this tends to resolve as the medication is continued.

When you decide you wish to conceive you can discontinue the medications and your cycles would return.

I hope this helps