Inhaled bleach, tight throat, cough, runny nose, sore eyes. What could be happening ?

Hi, Last night when I was cleaning my bathroom with 2 types of bleach when I went to go down to scrub it i inhale it, i felt asif i couldnt believe for a while, my throat went very tight, i was coughing alot, my nose was really runny and my eyes was abit sore, I wake up this morning feeling fine, I just wanna know how long can it stay in your body for and will i be alright? because i dont know what could be happening in my inside body
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
The symptoms you felt are consistent with chlorine exposure. It is the main constituent of the household bleach. Chlorine is liberated during the usage of bleach and it is a respiratory irritant due to its oxidising power. As you would experience in chlorinated swimming pools.
The exposure of chlorine fumes in small quantities is not a serious health hazard. Usually it will be elimiated quickly from the body.
May be from next time while using the bleach you would like to use a mask and prevent direct inhalation of its fumes.

Warm regards
Dr Bharath