Inguinal hernia repair with mesh and plug. Severe and chronic lower back pain. What can help get relief?

two and a half years ago, I had a right inguinal hernia repair with mesh and plug. The procedure took nearly 5 hours. Don t know why. Since that very day, I have been experiencing severe, chronic lower back pain which connects with pain in the groin on both sides. Area of hernia repair is still tender to the touch. Taking 4 full-strength vicodin daily which provides only some relief from the extreme pain. Doc says I have arthritis in the lower back. Thank you for your help. Ted Larson
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013