Ingrown hair on scalp, open follicle, lump and bald patch on squeezing. Causes?

hi my partner recent had what we thought was an in growing hair on his head as there was an open follicle which was quite painful. so he gave it a squeeze and messed with the area abit but nothing came out, this then made a sore little lump which went down abit then about 2-3 weeks after he now has a little bold patch in it s place ! Do you know what it could be causing the bold patch? Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Hi dear according to history given by u. I think it was a bacterial or more probably fungal infection of scalp. Due to squeezing and no treatment it might have gone deep and caused damage to hair follicle leading to bald patch. Please meet a dermatologist he may help u. Thank u