Ingrown hair at the base underside of penis, popped with orange pus, pulled out a white strand. What is it ?

I had an ingrown hair at the base underside of my penis . It had grown to a large lump and long hot showers weren t sizing it down. I finally popped it and a large amount of red-orange pus came out, and after more squeezing, a small white dot appeared. I pulled on it with a pair of tweezers, and it came apart, almost like it was a small spaghetti strand. with a combination of squeezing and puling with the tweezers, i got the white strand out. It left behind a small hole. What was this, should I be worried, and what can I do about it?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012