Ingrown hair. Can I have sex?

I have an ingrown hair down there, is it still ok to have sex? The ingrown doesn t hurt or have a head so I can t pop it... It s just a little redish swollen skin. I checked with my usual doctor to make sure it was an ingrown and not an STD and she confirmed. It is an ingrown. But it s been 6 days and it still has not gotten a head so I cannot pop it, unfourtunately. Anyway, can I still have sex?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there. If your problem is indeed ingrown hair & as your doctor on the ground has confirmed that, there is absolutely no containdication to having sex. In other words, still OK to have sex. Do remember though that prevention better than cure & as a medical professional, my duty to point out to you to please (in your interest) practice 'protected' sex. Cheers! Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD