Ingrowing wisdom tooth, painful inner cheek, redness, sore. Normal?

Hi mom wisdom tooth is growing in and it seems to be growing in just fine. Were the tooth is growing itself is not that painful at all. But I have this one part of my cheek near it which hurt. It really sore when I touch it, and when I look at it, it looks very pinched and a little red in some areas. Is this a normal thing for a growing in wisdom tooth? Is there anything I can put on it? I really don't want to have to get the tooth pulled.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013