Inflated belly, legs post pancreatitis, on IV fluids. Normal?

Hi, my name is Tasha, my sister has been in the hospital since 6-6-12 with pancreatitis . She s been on meds through the iv for the pain as well as iv fluids Sodium Hydroxide. Her belly has blown up like a volley ball her and her legs has also doubled in size. The doctor said that it was from the fluids. (iv fluids for 5 days) so they stopped the fluids but when I went to visist her today they put her back on the fluids and didnt want to answer any questions until her doctor was available. Is this normal for the body to swell and should there be any concerns?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012