Inflammation, itchiness in cold weather, leaves dark area. How to cure?

Since moving to a new residence about 1 1/2 years ago, I occasionally keep getting what I thinks are insect bites even in the winter. They are inflammed, itchy, and leave a dark area wich fades slowly over time. So mysterious because this happens in cold weather as well and my husband does not seem to be affected by this.....so its not bed bugs (and of course I checked for that). I am 55 yrs old, healthy (just had a physical exam), take no meds, and not overweight . I am very perplexed and appreciate any insight you could give. Thank you, in advance, for your time and attention.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
HELLO,IT CAN BE PAPULAR URTICARIA.IT IS MAINLY DUE TO XEROSIS OF THE SKIN.APPLY REGULAR MOISTERISER IN WINTER AND USE FUSIBET OINTMENT OVER THE ITCHY AREAS