Inflammation in tooth, very painful. Used chlorhexadine. Time to cure?

Hello. A few days ago I couldn\ t help but to move my back bottom tooth from side to side untill it got inflamed and started to hurt every time I closed the mouth. I had a flu at a time, which got better now, but gum is still painful. From yesterday I bought chlorhexadine and was rinsing my mouth with that. Do you know how long does it normally take for this kind of inflammation to get better? I am thinking of going to see the dentist , but as a student don\ t have that much money to spend. Thank you, Alex P.s. I just poured hydrogen peroxide on my tongue and it stings((
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013