Inflamed vaginal lip, never had sex, do horse riding. Natural treatment to reduce the swelling?

Hi! I believe I have a problem and i do not know how to treat it. I am 15 and my left vaginal lip is very inflamed and has been for about a year. I never had sex before, but have gone horseback riding and I m wondering if that can happen. Anyway, I don t want to tell my mom because it s embarassing, but I am wondering there is a natual treatment to bring the swelling down.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
With the history of horse riding, it could be more likely that you may have traumatized your perineal area resulting in the swelling. Yet, since it has been there for too long, you should get it treated properly to prevent any further complications. Application of cold compresses can help to reduce the swelling but unless the specific cause is attended to, complete relief is not possible. Please do not feel embarrassed to ask your mother and get help, since you are quite young. Hope this helps.