Inflamed tonsil, white lesions, no fever, no headache, no vomiting, hurts to swallow

My left tonsil is inflammed to 4 times its regular size and it is covered in white lesions. With difficultly the lesions can be scraped off, and go quite deep. They leave a small hole. I m on antibiotics, and gargling with baking soda and Tantum Verde, as well as 5mg prednisolone daily. I don t have all the other regular symptoms of tonsillitis (which i ve had many times) like fever, headache, vomiting, etc. I feel alright; it just hurts to swallow. Could it be something other than tonsillitis???
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012