Inflamed red spots on the back of neck followed by itching, flaking. Diagnosed to be unbalanced skin pigments. True?

Im 23 and 100 pounds my height is 4 10. since i was about 12 i started getting littlered round inflamed spots on the back of my neck . After a about a week or two they turn brown n then get itchy n flaky but never goes away. it has spread. it seems to be in the places where the tightest clothing goes. In thr summer when i have a tan the spots stay lighter like they dont tan. I saw a doc about it when it first became a problem but was told it was unblanced skin pigments.. What else could this be because i think i was told wrong. Bthen etween my thighs when i sweat or get out of the shower it seams irritated and inflamed the most. Its mostly my inner upper thighs.. More like the whole panty area. Then its right inder my boobs wheremy under wire is but has spread a bit down the center of my ribs. And like i said before its also around my neck but not as bad just itchy n noticable
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012