Infection, pus in the ear cartilage after wearing a earring with a small post. Advice with cleaning techniques?

Hello, I have had my right ear cartilage pierced since August 24th. I become allergic to fake jewelry so I made sure to spend some decent money on a 14K Sterling Silver earring. The problem is, the post seems to have been too small and the back of the earring was very tight and directly on the skin of my ear. My ear became very suffocated and I believe it is a little infected. In pain, I pulled the back of the earring off.. I then cleaned the piercing with Betadine and it seems to have been pussing or leaking.. Do I squeeze out whatever is in there or leave it alone? I put a different earring in that seems like it has some room, but it s a pearl so it s hard to turn. But, it s temporary until I buy a nicer, better earring with a longer post. When should I clean, with what, and what techniques do I use to clean properly without infecting or irritating it more but getting it clean so that it heals properly and as fast as possible?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012