Infection on the foot after a foot injury. Taking flucloxacillin. Need advice on the timing of the medicine intake. Can it be taken on empty stomach?

Hi I have an infection in my foot after a recent foot injury. I was prescribed 500mg of Flucloxacillin for one week..this did not fully clear the infection. I am now taking 1000mg every 4 hours. As the drug needs to be taken on an empty stomach I decided to take at drug at the follwoing times:- 1. last thing at night about 10pm 2. 2am in the morning 3. 6am in the morning 4. 11.30am My query is... is this ok? as on the box it says 4 times PER DAY, whereas, I have taken them mainly during the night,which I felt was a good idea for empty stomach purposes. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012