Infection in right side of big toe, toenail cutting into skin. Toenail surgery required?

I ve been having problems with the right side of my big toe for over 6 months. the dr. s thought it was ingrown at first but then decided it wasn t. The toe keeps getting infected but all my dr. does is give me medicine and says that I don t need toenail surgery. my friends grandma and I can tell the side of the toenail is cutting into the skin and causing it to be infected. I can tell that it s cutting it because there is always an open wound there.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013