Infected with Monilial advised abstinence from oral sex, fingering. What are its causes, preventive measures?

First, sorry for my poor English. I am 25, Asian, Female, 48kg. I have recently found out I am infected with Monilial (I am under treatment right now). The doctor is an a**, whatever questions I asked, she just said it s bad, you need treatments, pay money, pay money... I had the same problem before, but I ve got treated in Malaysia, the doctor back then just gave me few pills to eat, and few to put inside the vagina before bed, and a cream to apply on the external parts, did not really explain anything either, the only thing he told me was It s dirty! No fingers inside nor oral sex . Keep it clean. But at least the treatment was easy and quick. Now here in Beijing, same thing happened, but the doctor made it sounded like I was going to die right NOW if I didn t get any treatment in the hospital IMMEDIATELY. So I did, cause I was really scared. Anyways, I read and got some information via internet, but I still don t really understand what causes Monilial, and how I should take care of myself to avoid the same thing happen again in the future, the doctor told me not to eat spicy and sweet things, what else I should avoid from/to do? Also, for my boyfriend, I guess I have given it to him since we don t use condom and we had sex within the past 2 weeks (I started to feel unwell before I headed back to Beijing from Taiwan where we did a lot of outdoor activities, not shower and etc. 2 weeks ago.) How to know if he is infected? If he is infected, what he should do? I hope you can answer my questions, and tell me more about it since my doctors refused to explain. Thank you very much.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012