Infected tooth, pus taste in mouth, swelling and pain around cheek and top of neck. What should be done?

I have a bad tooth and the taste of pus in my mouth. There is some swelling and pain around my cheek and the top of my neck . I think I also have a wisdom tooth coming through, but I cannot be too sure. I am taking painkillers, applying ice packs and swilling my mouth out with salty water. I went to see a dentist but with Christmas coming up, I will have to wait a few days before I can be seen unless you think I should see someone sooner. What should I do? Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012