Infected sebaceous cyst on the back. Any other treatment than surgery? Using Ichtammol ointment

I have a sebaceous cyst (for the second time in 2 years) in the middle of my back, where it s impossible to reach! I had the first one surgically removed, as my dermatologist said it was infected. It was extremely painful when he dug it out of my back, then packed it with medicine and gave me an antibiotic to take by mouth. They told me it could come back, and it has, in the exact same spot. Only now, it s not infected, nor is it as large as it had been before the surgeon removed it. I m using ichtammol ointment and covering with gauze , to try and get it to drain. There s a small drainage hole in the middle of it, and I could see a little drainage this morning after about 10 hours. Ive also been using hot compresses- again, very difficult to do when you can t reach the area. ......... .Is there anything else I can do to prevent the excruciating surgery again?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012