Infected pimple on the back of neck. Is it bad to leave dettol on the infection ?

I have an infected pimple on the back of my neck on my hairline, my friend thought it would be a good idea to put dettol on a tissue and tape it to my infection for a couple of hours to kill the bacteria, I just took the swab off and mow feels like a bad burn on my neck over the wound and in the shape of a square, really hurts, is it bad to leave dettol on an infection and what should indo now, as the bitning feeling, feels like its getting worse. ?? Please Help asap. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013