Infected cyst in mouth. Prescribed Amoxicillin. Swelling in face and neck. Normal?

Hi my partner has an infected cyst in his mouth on the lower jaw, we have been to his dentist and we were prescribed amoxillin and metrondazole to take at the same time as the infection is very bad and has caused alot of swelling to his face and neck. He has been taking amoxicillin for 3 days and started taking metrondazole yesterday, but as I said the swelling has not gone down and the infection area has gone rock hard? Is this normal? Please Help
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012