Infected area with oozing pus, is inflamed and swollen and warm to touch. What can be done?

my bf has what looked like a bite or ingrown hair that got infected been treating it at home its the 3rd day it finally started oozing out stinky was hot and hardened around the area its on his left jaw line near ear the hard lump starts at middle of ear to bottom jaw...its inflamed and swollen keeping hot compress on it to drain...does it sound like a bite or ingrown hair?? theres no fever or other signs he feels ok...plz respond thx
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012