Infected abscess on hand, sensitive mouth and lips, taking prednisone. Will Benadryl help?

My husband has been with Drs. every day last week. - Dermatologist - General hand surgeon & Internist. 1. He stated with a large infected abscess on his hand and the Drs. thought it may be MRSA - prescribed medication for MRSA along with Keflex. A few days later they found out he didn t have MRSA and the abscess was not draining. 2. His mouth and lips were starting to get sensitive and very irritated and the Drs decided he may be having a slight reaction to the meds. They took him off the Meds and sent him for surgery to remove the infected Abscess. 3. He is now on Prednisone for his hand but I think he has thrush from the antibiotics? 4. Will Benadryl help with the white lesions that are now on his lips and mouth also a scalloped tongue? 5. What can you mix that with the Prednisone?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012